Welcome to Medical Centre Pharmacy, your hometown pharmacy!

Medicare Part D 'Donut Hole'

Welcome to our new 6/12 program, where we can save you money

Medicare Part D ‘Donut Hole’

July 13, 2014
|
Comments off
|

What is the ‘Donut Hole’?

The Donut Hole refers to the Medicare Part D coverage gap, where all costs are out–of–pocket for the Medicare beneficiary. The gap lies between the initial coverage limit and the catastrophic-coverage threshold.

Donut Hole explained

After you pass the initial coverage of the prescription-drug plan, you become financially responsible for the higher cost of prescription drugs until you reach the catastrophic-coverage threshold.

As of 2014 — Medicare Part D participants get a 50% discount on brand name medications, but still have to pay 95% of the remaining cost. Part D will pay for 28% of costs for generic medications. However, even with generics, that still leaves the participant with 72% of the costs — while in the Donut Hole coverage gap.

How can Medical Centre Pharmacy help me avoid the Donut Hole?

With our 6/12 Program, we don’t send claims to Part D for any of our generic drugs. By not using your Part D plan for these generic medications, you can stay out of the Donut Hole.

Our 6/12 Program allows you to buy a 6 or 12 month supply of the same medication for a deeply discounted rate. When you buy in bulk, you save! Help your costs lower, and stay out of the Donut Hole.

Learn more about 6/12 Program

Comments are closed.