What is Olysio?
Olysio can help cure your chronic hepatitis C, when combined with other antiviral medications. Olysio can help to make the Hepatitis C virus not detectable in your blood for a period of time, after the treatment is complete. Olysio is to be used in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin.
- Do not use Olysio if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Olysio can be harmful to an unborn child, when combined with peginterferon alfa and ribaverin.
- Do not take Olysio by itself. It’s meant to be used in conjunction with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin to treat chronic Hepatitis C.
- A rash or skin reaction to sunlight can occur when taking Olysio. Contact your healthcare provider if you see these symptoms arise as they can lead to serious side effects.
Protect yourself when using Olysio
- Limit exposure to sunlight
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear sunglasses and a hat
- Don’t use tanning beds
Inform your healthcare provider if you:
- have liver problems other than hepatitis C virus infection.
- have taken the medicines telaprevir (Incivek®) or boceprevir (Victrelis®).
- had a liver transplant.
- are receiving phototherapy.
- have any other medical conditions.
- are of East Asian descent.
- are currently breastfeeding.
For more information about this medication and many others please contact us.